It’s no secret, there are lots and lots of beautiful places to see in California, which is why living in Palos Verdes is so ideal. Take a day trip to Hollywood or Long Beach, or head to Redondo Beach for a fun day in the sun! Go a little further and spend a day or a weekend in San Diego…the options are endless!
Here are 8 tips to prepare for the perfect mini roadtrip:
- Check the weather and be prepared for anything. No matter whether it looks like it’s going to be hot all day, it’s always a good idea to pack a sweater or a rain jacket just in case it decides to cool down as the day goes on.
- Bring snacks and water. Some healthy snacks are always a good idea when deciding to take a trip on the road, and hydration is very important.
- Make sure someone knows how to change to a spare tire, or are covered by AAA. It’s also not a bad idea to have your oil and fluid levels checked before getting on the road. While you’re at it, fill the gas tank too!
- Bring a map. Yes, a real map. You never know when you’ll go through a dead zone or something unexpected will happen with your electronics. Plus, using a map is way more fun.
- Bring a camera. Yes, again, a real camera. Our phones aren’t always as reliable as we may think they’ll be.
- Set up a road trip playlist. Road trips just aren’t the same without some great tunes to sing along to.
- Give yourself plenty of time. Leave early, so that you aren’t rushing to arrive at your destination or rushing to get back home.
- Be open to new possibilities. Road trips don’t always have to be perfectly planned out. Accept the fact that you may get lost, or that you and your companion(s) may end up deciding to head in a different direction. The important thing is that you have fun!
Palos Verdes, California is the perfect place to live if you like to take day trips to explore your surroundings and the beauty of the West Coast.
Contact us to learn more about real estate for sale in Palos Verdes with Antonia Lavender, a leading California real estate agent who was raised in the Palos Verdes Estates.